[Roadsters] It won't stop running

Dewey Hahlbohm hahlbohmd at earthlink.net
Sat May 11 18:52:10 MDT 2013

Hello Dana, I had a similar problem (actually sounds identical) on my roadster
last summer after reinstalling the rebuilt U20.  I spent 3 days with the
expertise of 2 excellent mechanics and we were unable to pinpoint the problem.

I finally put it on the trailer and hauled it to the electrical shop and he
said it was a defect in how the alternator was routing the current.  He put a
switch or relay of some time in the ignition circuit, and that corrected the
problem.

I am very interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the problem. I
have no clue what caused the trouble initially.  My car has a right sided GM
alternator and pertronix ignition, though they worked fine prior to the engine
rebuild.

Good luck, let me know if you get a private post with an answer to your
question.  Dewey