[Roadsters] carbuertor

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Fri Jul 12 18:54:38 MDT 2013

Sandie,

There are a number of opinions on which oil to use, but the Nissan shop
manual -- often seen as the Floyd Clymer reproduction -- says to use SAE#20.
I bought a a three ounce can of 3-in-1 SAE 20 oil for electric motor
bearings, and I have had it since I bought my '66 1600 in 1971.  Ace
Hardware carries it, as probably other non big-box stores do as well.

I have never seen instructions on how full to fill them, but there is a
little line scribed on the inside of the damper bore which you can see when
you shine a small flashlight down the bore.  I figured it was put there for
a reason, so I have allways filled them to that point.  Seems to work.

Gary