[Roadsters] carbuertor

Linda J ljordan704 at netscape.net
Fri Jul 12 19:31:23 MDT 2013

How often do you fill? I wondered where the oil went, seems I have to fill
more than I would expect. I use about 1 capful of MMO

Linda

Sent from my iPod

On Jul 12, 2013, at 5:54 PM, "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc at att.net> wrote:

> Sandie,
>
> There are a number of opinions on which oil to use, but the Nissan shop
manual -- often seen as the Floyd Clymer reproduction -- says to use SAE#20. I
bought a a three ounce can of 3-in-1 SAE 20 oil for electric motor bearings,
and I have had it since I bought my '66 1600 in 1971.  Ace Hardware carries
it, as probably other non big-box stores do as well.

> I have never seen instructions on how full to fill them, but there is a
little line scribed on the inside of the damper bore which you can see when
you shine a small flashlight down the bore.  I figured it was put there for a
reason, so I have allways filled them to that point.  Seems to work.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/aultgc@att.net