[Roadsters] Is it a bad fuel pump?

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Wed Jul 10 21:34:35 MDT 2013

Mr. Hyde has had a couple of issues that caused him to either miss, or
just stop running.

First was the miss and loss of power.  It turned out that the screw
holding the condenser on the side of the dizzy was just a little bit
loose and not solidly grounding the body of the condenser.  This one
nearly drove me crazy until I grabbed the dizzy to turn it to see if
timing effected the problem.  When I took hold of the dizzy the engine
sound changed, and I went looking for whatever I could find.

Second was a blown 10 Amp fuse that caused the engine to just quit
running.  Fortunately I always carry a set of spare fuses and there have
been no problems since.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Las Vegas