[Roadsters] 2350 stroker (was "Best bucket seats for a roadster?")

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 16:49:38 MDT 2012

One of the biggest changes with most everything is that technology used to
be very expensive and labor very cheap. Now technology is very cheap and
labor  very expensive. Welding cranks used to be very common. Now the labor
involved  exceeds the cost of a new crank. The whole CNC thing has made one
off parts much  more reasonable. I find the whole "billet" parts thing
amusing. For a lot of  things a cast or forged part is a better choice. However,
throwing a block of  metal on the CNC machine, pushing the button, and going
home for the night is  much cheaper that all the labor involved in a casting
or forging.

keith

In a message dated 8/8/2012 9:01:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,