[Roadsters] Air cond for a roadster

robert williams wilrobasy at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:20:44 MDT 2012

I am looking to move to a very warm tropical climate where it is almost above
30c every day of the year and very humid.
Heading to the tropics of south east asia and thinking of taking the fairlady
with me when it is finished the ground up resto (about 85%) complete now.

Anyway this low screen 1600 sporty will not be to practical up there without
some air cond.
Has anyone gone down the path of fitting AC to one of these with an under dash
unit.

I remember from the days when I was playing around with late 60's and early
70's model holdens (GM for you guys in the northern part of the world) there
was a heap of large under dash A/C units.
Does anyone know if they have come down in size over the years?

Did these cars ever have a snog pump installed in the USA on the 1600cc
engine?
If so maybe the mounting brackets for the SMOG pump could be modified to carry
an A/C compressor.

Any constructive thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

regards

Roberts