[Roadsters] Air cond for a roadster

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Tue Aug 7 06:49:27 MDT 2012

Living in Texas, I have also been thinking about A/C in my 67.5. Instead
of putting an under-dash unit I was thinking about doing something
similar to what I've seen on Bobcat loaders, which is that the A/C
registers are behind and to the side of the operator, blowing cold air
onto your arms and legs. This really helps a lot, even when the loader
doesn't have an enclosed cab.

There is a lot of room under the package shelf on our cars, as long as
you stay away from the drive shaft and axles, so I have been thinking
about putting the condensers and evaporator there. As for the
compressor, I haven't decided yet. I hear that some new small vehicles
have electrically-driven compressors which, I'm sure, draw a lot of
power, but with a larger alternator may make things easier to install.
There are also small compressors used on sub-compacts that should be
easier on the engine than the larger compressors. I will be going to a
shop tomorrow and will see what they know about this.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake robert williams, On 8/7/2012 2:20 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice		5026 FM 2001