[Roadsters] Such A Wanker

Steve Harvey stebharvey at ameritech.net
Thu Jan 7 14:23:53 MST 2010

During college I worked at an aftermarket auto shop and did all of the
cruise control installations. We had a deal with the local Mazda dealer and
installed a special push button cruise on all of their new RX-7's. Most
people wanted the cruise to kick in at 30 mph which meant that it would cut
out at 90mph. Of course I would have to "Test Drive" each car after the
installation to insure that the cruise was functioning correctly. Those
little rotary motors screamed. I got pulled over a half dozen times on the
freeway during testing but never got a ticket, just a warning. Fond
memories.

Steve