[Roadsters] Such A Wanker

robert k. smith rksmith46 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:30:24 MST 2010

well, all,  here is my rotary story: in 1969, right after i got my

 2000, i pulled up next to a little coupe at a traffic light. i noticed

as i came up, that it was a mazda, and it had R100 on the body.

as we waited for the light to change, he kept reving the eng. i

guessed(correctly) that he wanted to race. so, when the light

turned , we both took off, i wound, 6,000 in first, 6,000 in 2nd;

 i looked over, and he was still there, about a half a car

back. that was when i noticed, that he was just shifting for the

first time(to 2nd.) it sounded like he was turning 10,000 rpm.

 i did beat him, as i hit 3rd, but i have never forgotten how

that little R100 coupe screamed.
 ah, those were the days,  bob smith

> From: 9laser3 at bright.net
> To: aultgc at att.net; davesmbox at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:33:38 -0500
> CC: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Such A Wanker
>
> Way back then, we had a RX3 and an RX4. The RX3 lasted about 27,000 miles.
The dealer offered us a new set of seals, but refused to rebuild/replace the
motor, until we threatened to sue. The RX4 was sold before it hit the magic
30,000 mile warranty end.
> But both were fun to drive. I don't think mom was ever satisfied with
another car after the RX4. She said they were all to slow! I test drove a RX7
back when you had to put money down to get on the waiting list for one. I was
ready to trade in the wife's Maverick until she asked where the baby's seat
would go! 8.5 months later, our son was born. Had to wait another 16 years to
get a 2 seater.