[Roadsters] Datsun 1600 and a 5 speed transmission

David Boerst dboerst at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 20:31:17 MDT 2009

I have a few 1600s and one of them I was contemplating shoehorning a Turbo 300ZX engine and a 5 speed. Anyone ever try that? I have had a few Austin Healey 100-4s, TR3s and TR4s with smallblock chevys. Even built a MGB with a 231 buick. Now time for a Nissan screamer.

My main 1600 that I have been posting about has a high rise cam (I was told that when I bought the car) and stainless headers. I have a few Datsun Zs and was wondering will any Z car 5 speeds bolt up to a 1600. I am quite ignorant when it comes to Nissan/Datsun cars. Used to be into British cars with American power. Want to experiment with Nissan/Datsun engine swaps. I also have a couple mid 80s Datsun pickups with the 4 banger with 8 plugs and 5 speeds. Are they worth while? Ideas?
http://mail.yahoo.com