[Roadsters] Datsun 1600 and a 5 speed transmission

steven boortz vociferouschicanery at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 21:38:08 MDT 2009

2 popular (and easier-to-make-fit-than-a-turbo-V6) engines to swap are the KA24 and SR20DE(T).  they're both 4 cylinder engines.  either engine represents a huge jump over
stock, and the SR20 can easily be built to 300+ HP.  it's lighter
than a V6, and easier to squeeze into the space.  there is someone who
put a chevy 4.3L 90 degree V6 in a roadster.  i think he's on the list, but i don't remember his name.  i've seen 13B's and an L28 inline 6 in one.  the V6 is a great idea though.  a dual exhaust could easily work by making holes in the X member on the other side.

BTW, British Leyland built an MGB GT with a 231 Buick in it.

in the end i guess what you could put into a roadster is limited only by your imagination and the balance in your checking account.

i hope you do it.  i'd love to see it when it's done.

675MIZU