[Roadsters] Gasoline and running hot

David Boerst dboerst at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 20:20:32 MDT 2009

First thank you ALL for your great responses! I didn't shoot the car as I am actually quite fond of it. Get tons of complements even sitting on the side of the road with the hood up. The car has never stranded me as I always got it running to get it home.

I have been looking for my vacuum gauge for the past couple of days. That little wonder tool can tell so much about a engines condition. We had a house fire and I can not find anything (almost) I did clean the carb inlet screens. The guy I bought the car from said he had rebuilt the carbs so I assumed (ever see the Odd Couple when Felix explains ass-ume, makes a ass out of you and me) that the filters were at least cleaned. That wasn't the problem. I believe it is the gas line from the tank to the engine compartment and possibly the gasket did decompose as mentioned. The car died again and I blew out the line and now have incredible pressure. The fuel filter is full. Drove the best since I have owned it.

The car is a 1970 SPL311.

Whats the best way to clean the tank. It supposedly was but????

Thanks again for every ones help!
http://mail.yahoo.com