[Roadsters] Weber and manifold

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Sun Sep 6 07:28:51 MDT 2009

Once the SU carbs are sorted they are about as fool proof as it gets. The
Hitachi version is easier to adjust and more stable that the original
British  version. The metering needles need to be matched between the two
carbs.
Either  verify what is in the other one or replace both of them. You had a
mismatched  piston so there is no telling what needle was in it. If they are
mismatched the  car will not run right.

    The Webber carbs are nice as they are infinitely  adjustable with all
of the jets and such. Of course, if you don't have the jets  or skill
required they are infinitely misadjustable. How many of us have seen a  car
that
idles badly, has a flat midrange, but runs great at top end. The excuse  being
"they are racing carbs". The Webber, Solex, Delorto carbs all have
accelerator pumps as far as I know. The SU doesn't as it fixes that problem
differently.

    The answer is to use the carbs that you like and  are comfortable with.
Any properly sized carb in good condition and set up  properly will work
well.

keith  williams
ccfcccs
_http://www.clarkcountyferalcats.org_
(http://www.clarkcountyferalcats.org/)

bIf  Not Us, Then Who? If Not Now, Then When?b

In a message dated 9/5/2009 1:04:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,