[Roadsters] NOS Hitachi/Su's available (was "RE: Weber and manifold")

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 6 06:29:56 MDT 2009

1.5 inch = 38mm

38mm SU/Hitachis were also used on the R16 motor in RL411's, and 510 L16/L18
motors. Both used different intake manifolds than our roadsters. From
Ztherapy website:

"Imported into the US on imported raw engines, these are very rare.  These
are mirror image like the 2L and Z, but are only 38 mm and the carbs are
spaced very closely together.   Fitted to the 1600, 1800 510 cars.  These
use the SSS manifold, and the Z style float chamber is indexed and tipped
back to keep it level."

Since you mention the float bowl angle, I'm guessing these are what you
have.

Pete