[Roadsters] Beating on an Engine

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:42:37 MDT 2008

> I have the front and mid main caps off, but I can't get the rear cap to
> even budge (bolts are off, of course).

As I recall, and was mentioned by another lister, that rear cap has a
threaded hole in it. That's to allow a bearing cap puller to be threaded
in and used to pull the cap off.

This is one of those times when the right tool is really handy. You
won't use it often, but it'll avoid the potential for a lot of damage.

If you try something similar, be certain you don't screw anything into
the cap deep enough to hit the crank :-)

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento, CA