[Roadsters] Pull motor and trans?

Hall, Phillip B. (MSFC-ED03) Phillip.B.Hall at nasa.gov
Tue Dec 23 08:34:01 MST 2008

Yes - Go for it.

Take precautions like Sid and others have said, then get dirty.  I
pulled my first Roadster motor 30 years ago when I was 16 and it took me
two weeks with the temperature between 0 and -10.  That was pre-net days
and the manual said to pull the entire exhaust.  I started to take it
out and thought - why??  The 311 site is a wonderful resource that will
not get you down the wrong road.  There are some short cuts but the
basics are there.  Spend a day and take your time.  Remember to make all
those bolts/parts right when the motor is out so the second time you
pull the motor it should only take an hour or two.

Now days, I find it easier/faster to pull the motor/trans then to pull
the head with the motor in the car.

Phil
SEROC