[Roadsters] Pull motor and trans?

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 12:30:50 MST 2008

Not to be rude, but if you're not sure how to pull a motor and trans,
should you really be doing it?  I'd hate to see someone destroy their
car or worse, hurt themselves in the process.

If you have the mechanical skill to do the job, it's not tough at all.
It's just nuts and bolts.

If you don't, I would highly recommend AGAINST attempting it.

I have friends all the time who call me after attempting to do something
mechanical who have little to no mechanical skills.  Often, they've
destroyed something or hurt themselves in the process.  I always ask,
"What made you think you could do this?"

They reply, "well, i dunno.  it didn't look THAT difficult, and
mechanics do it, and you do it, so I figured I could do it..."

Again, not trying to be mean, I'd just hate to see a follow up post from
someone selling a roadster with the motor half out of the car because it
broke loose, dropped on the guy, and now he's lost interest in the
project.