[Roadsters] Oil for a U-20, other issue?

O'Farrell, Fergus Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Mon Dec 15 07:54:39 MST 2008

Nathan,
The oil pressure gauge reading Zero after warm up is not unusual, the
gauge is not very accurate that low range, but I'd have to say I don't
sweat trying to get the U-20 to idle below ~1k for this same worry.

You go thru a quart in 250 miles!  Wow, is there a lot of smoke coming
out the tailpipe?  Are plugs getting fouled?  No foamy root beer on the
inside of the radiator cap?
Or, like me, do you have a slow ooze out of every orifice on the
engine... and a gasket kit sitting in the package waiting for some
unknown holiday in which every home project is frozen solid but the
garage is nicely toasty.....  But still, I am lucky to go thru a 1/2
quart in 2500 miles.

Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA