[Roadsters] Legally compliant engine cleaning

nmleeds at mindspring.com nmleeds at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 15 11:12:34 MST 2008

All,

I understand car work is dirty. Cars are dirty. And engine grime is really dirty. But however much I like to breath in my own exhaust and fumes I'm inclined to respect the wishes of my state government (California) when they ask that I not use engine cleaner at my local car wash (especially the one near the ocean and a local school). But this creates a problem -- how the hell do I clean my engine? Any ideas? Are there places which are equipped to handle the toxic effluence inevitable in an engine scrub?

Nathaniel
'69 U20 - SU (with a dirty engine)