[Roadsters] 68-70 soft top frame question

Larry Dziuba roadster68 at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 7 16:34:05 MST 2007

I had my top finished earlier this year and it has been a pain to do up
every time.  One of the vendors warned me that if there is a crease in the
bow then there it should be repaired.  I had it stripped of paint and noted
a tiny crease and decided to leave it.  I have the good cloth top on now and
could barely get the top to buckle down without the front rubber seal.  You
could see more of a gap and daylight in the windshield centre.
Mannnnnnn!!!!  With the seal on it is impossible to do.  Someone suggested
taking the bow with the top still in place and trying to gently bang out the
center bend.  I think that if the crease is there that the bend would only
come back.  I would probably damage the cloth top and put dents in the bow
top too.   A vendor told me that these tops have always been B____ to buckle
down.  True?  Should I just take the cloth off and send it to a vendor to
fix?  Larry.