[Roadsters] 68-70 soft top frame question

dave daveandlindab at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 14:39:20 MST 2007

There should be a spacer about 1/4 inch thick between the center clamp amd
the top.
If it's missing, it will cause 2 things:
1 The top will be very hard to latch, because it is trying to pull too tight
2 This extra tension is one main cause for the front bow cracking in the
first place.

Where are the tension adjusters set on the rear bow? Could you loosen them a
notch?

I put a new top on my 69 myself, when it's cold, it's a bit tight.  I clamp
down the windshield first with tr reae bow folded forward, then I push the
rear bow back and down into place to tension it. May not be correct, but
works for me.

Good Luck
Dave