[Roadsters] Life is good....

sidney raper spl310 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:58:04 MDT 2007

Years ago, there was a cigarette ad that said the less is more.  Well,
sometimes that is true.  This evening, I took my wife and youngest daughter
to the local Cruise In in my 1500.  This car has not been washed since 1979
- it is a true garage find.  Well, as I was driving in, a teenager saw us
and her jaw dropped open and she said "that is SOOOO cool!"  which I thought
was a nice start to the cruise for us.  Well, we had no sooner parked than a
woman came over and was gushing as she used to have a rhd Fairlady that she
sold when she could not source parts.  More folks came over, and we made
small talk, then we went to check out what was there.  There were all manner
of street rods, hot rods, customs and stock cars.  Several tuner cars were
in attendance as well.  I had the only Datsun at the show.

As we walked around enjoying the sights, (been years since I saw a Pantera
GTS in person...) I notice the Ford GT that was there.  I commented to my
wife that it was likely Bill Warner's car (he is the founder of the Amelia
Island Concours d'Elegance and a great all around car guy).  Well when we
were getting ready to leave, I saw Bill by his car.  I went over and we
exchanged speeding stories and other small talk.  I mentioned that I brought
my unwashed wonder, and he actually pardoned himself from the others so he
could come check out my car!  His Ford GT was among the most expensive cars
there, yet he was checking out my humble 1500.

Well, after we said goodnight, my wife, daughter and I went on a nice drive
as the sun was setting. Yes, Life is good....

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html