[Roadsters] Oliver

John Klingman jklingman at stny.rr.com
Sat Aug 4 19:27:39 MDT 2007

This is Gloria, until we bought our '68 2000, nicknamed Spike, the last one I
saw on the road was in 1981 when my ex-husband drove away to FL in MY '66
1600. This was also the only Datsun of any kind I had ever seen.I don't know
why we don't have more roadsters in NY except  nobody sold Datsuns here before
the Z's. Mine was bought from the widow of a retired Navy man who relocated
from CA back to NY. According to all the "car guys" around here the Z is the
first car Datsun sold in the US and all Datsuns are uni-body. I loved showing
the pictures of my car's frame. I think Bob Sharpe had the first dealership on
the east coast. So, if you don't have dealers, nobody sees, drives, and buys
the cars. Looking at today's sunburn, if I had my roadster in TX, I would want
a real big sombrero.
  Gloria and John Klingman
    Siney, NY '68 2000