[Roadsters] roadster spotted in NY

Joe Russo jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Aug 5 07:10:00 MDT 2007

Hi All,

I live in upstate NY and drive a light yellow (ivory) 70 2L roadster. I
can't say that I have seen another on the road - except for at the Glen.
Although I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased a roadster item on eBay
from a guy (Marc) in the area and found him to be an avid roadster fan.  I
drove out to his place to pick it up and saw that he had a red 69 2L, an
ivory 68 2L and a 66 (not sure of the power plant) in restoration - not to
mention the most amazing array of spares.  Needless to say, I keep in
contact with him. :-)

I was out on the open road yesterday north west of Rochester in a place
called Spencerport and then north to Hilton - doing nothing but enjoying the
car (Cynthia). As always, she ran like a champ!

I had someone approach me at a traffic light that recognized her as a
"fairlady" - he gave her a nice compliment.  Had another asked from the
cockpit of her Jeep Cherokee - "Just what kind of Datsun is that?"

Bottom Line: Finding Datsun's on the road in NY are as rare as seeing the
sun in November.

Joe
70 SPL311 (U20)
71 PL510 (L18 SSS)
72 HS30 - stock

"On our way to Watkins Glen today in our roadster we were spotted by another
roadster. In Greene, NY the cars park on Main St in a double row in the
middle and traffic lanes are split"