[Bricklin] Engine Problem Running Correctly

Greg Schroeder gschroeder at comcast.net
Fri May 28 23:58:30 MDT 2010

I believe I have found the problem.  Checked the compression with my thumb
over the spark plug hole and found one cylinder that I could feel the vacuum
on the intake, but nothing on the compression stroke back up.  I decided to
pull the head and after a few hours had the head off and there is a bent
intake valve that could never close.  So now to find a replacement valve and
either fix it or have it replaced at the machine shop where I had the engine
machining done.

Pulling heads off two different cars in one week.  Oh what fun.  My daily
driver Toyota Supra blew a head gasket last week and I planned to pull it
over the holiday.

If I get it to Lexington, my engine may look at little dirty since getting
it running is my first priority.

Greg 0036