[Bricklin] Engine Problem Running Correctly

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Fri May 28 18:15:38 MDT 2010

At 07:41 PM 5/28/2010, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >I am having a problem with the engine when it is running like it is starving
 >for air.  It seems to run better if I remove a vacuum hoses than
when they are
 >attached.  Engine starts fine every time, but when I try to drive it cuts out
 >and drives rough.  I am open for any suggestions to check
out.  Just trying to
 >get the car ready to take to the meet, but I am not making any good progress.
 >I would like to make some short trips locally, increasing the
distance to make
 >sure everything is ready for the long trip.

Greg,

Does it act up when cold, or when both hot and cold.  If it appears to be temp.
sensative, could you have one the vac. lines to one of the vac.
control devices
(don't remember what they are called - temp switched vac ports)  on wrong?

If both, try checking your EGR valve.  Make sure it's closing.

The last thing I can think of is a clogged idle port/jet in the carb.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229