[Bricklin] Engine Problem Running Correctly

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Sat May 29 05:45:53 MDT 2010

At 01:58 AM 5/29/2010, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >I believe I have found the problem.  Checked the compression with my thumb
 >over the spark plug hole and found one cylinder that I could feel
the vacuum on
 >the intake, but nothing on the compression stroke back up.  I
decided to pull the
 >head and after a few hours had the head off and there is a bent intake valve
 >that could never close.  So now to find a replacement valve and
either fix it or
 >have it replaced at the machine shop where I had the engine machining done.

Greg,

Glad to hear you found the problem!!!  Sorry to hear it's a bent valve.   I was
hoping for a much simpler solution. :)

But I've been there with my Morgan.  Although it wasn't a bend valve, it was
a stuck one.  Was able to free it up without pulling the head.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229