[Bricklin] Bricklin Mod Questions

isensee at aol.com isensee at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 13:44:13 MST 2010

 Welcome to the world of Bricklins.

You can check for air leaks by brushing some water with dishwashing soap on
each connection point. Small leaks will form bubbles.

I wired my electric air compressor through a relay that connects to an
ignition switched power source so that the compressor won't run when the
ignition switch is off. That keeps the compressor from running down the
battery.

One battery should be fine. I use a deep cycle battery since the battery can
get drawn down a bit when the compressor has to pump up the pressure from near
zero and the engine needs to crank a while to start after sitting around.

If the air pressure gets low in mine, I pump it up with an external compressor
so as not to work the internal compressor and battery so hard.

John Blair has a list of club members and may be able to point you to one near
you so you can look at another Bricklin.

 Scott