[Alpines] VIN break for SV rear bumpers

Jeff Howarth jeff at v8tiger.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 01:08:33 MDT 2012

HI Marc,

The Sunbeam manufacturers term used is chassis number - stick with that,
its factory original and is what it has said on the car for the last 50
years.

Forget the benighted California, you can only be officially 'Knighted'
at a big house here in England.

There are at least 3 factory original rear number (licence) plate lamp
versions:

1 - Single Lucas glass dome mounted below the boot (trunk) lock.

2 - twin lights mounted on a plate using the same fixings.

3 - twin chrome dome lights mounted on the rear bumper.

Part numbers and Chassis number ranges are in the parts manual.

Jeff   :-)

In message <20120730041225.384932D0218 at autox.team.net>, Marc James Small
<marcsmall at comcast.net> writes

--