[Alpines] Holbay head

jarrid_gross at earthlink.net jarrid_gross at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 13 14:25:36 MST 2009

Tony,

If its trully a holbay head, there are two things to be said for it.

1) The intake ports will be very small, limiting top end power.

2) The combustion chambers are somewhat higher volume than the normal 1725
and without special flat top pistons, you will end up loosing compression ratio and thus engine power.

Now its been rather common to modify a normal 1725 head to Holbay specs, this of course ignores the smaller
intake ports, which obviously cannot be made.  In this case, you have the higher chamber volumes and subsequent
loss in mechanical compression ratio.

In order to function to H120 specs, you will need the head, H120 cam, alpine spec twin weber DCOE intake, and
the special holbay spec twin 40 DCOE carbs.

Jarrid Gross