[Alpines] Holbay head

Allan Ballard aballard at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 14 14:37:36 MST 2009

Which cam did Jim E recommend?

I am currently using a Holbay head with a stock cam <long story> and will
swap cams this spring I hope.

On a dyno, my stock cam has a power band from ~2K to a little past 5K, not
bad for average street use; by 5.5 it is all done. Revving to the 'red line'
is a waste of time. <sounds pretty good though>

I'd like to find a cam that will take advangage of the Holbay head from low
in the rpm range to high, maybe to 5.5 -- 6K - but also will build more
power than the stock cam, not just change the power band...

Coltec, the firm that used to be Holbay in UK offers a cam <E78 I vaguely
recall but an unsure without my notes>, but it kicks in at about 3K rpm, not
too good for rally/street use.

So I wondered which cam you were going to use.

Allan