[6pack] Nissan LSD conversion question

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 12:22:32 MDT 2011

At 10:47 AM -0700 6/23/11, michael lunsford wrote:
>I have Richard Good's Nissan Differential upgrade with a Q-45 differential in
>my

Perhaps this might be the reason ...

NOTE: Installation of Good Parts rear Nylatron suspension bushing kit
is strongly recommended when installing the R200 differential. The
original type rubber bushings allow the trailing arm to shift
sideways during hard cornering. This action, combined with binding of
the axle splines during acceleration or deceleration has, on a few
occasions disengaged the internal snap ring hold the R200 axle stub
into the differential. If the axle stub moves out far enough to
disengage its splines, power cannot be transmitted to the wheels.
This has not been known to occur on cars using the Nylatron bushings
in the trailing arms. Springs are now supplied with the R200
installation kit to install between the axle half-shafts as an extra
precaution.

I would urge you to use the Nylatron kit ...

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford