[6pack] Nissan LSD conversion question

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Thu Jun 23 12:45:38 MDT 2011

Mike---I also have the LSD, and some low speed* lurching. My diff has not moved in any direction since the install a few years ago, but Herman vdA says he noticed his (driveshaft) after time had moved sideways enough to where it sometimes bangs against some other body hardware. He rectified this by making some offset bushings to fit into the "holes" you referred to. He said this helped to recenter the driveshaft, and hold it in place. He made a pair of these bushings for me, but as yet I haven't needed to install them.

The *lurching seems to be, at least in part, to valve overlap at low engine speeds. This lurching starts when the rpm drops to under 1,500 while decelerating in the top gears. I don't recall having this when running with the stock diff, but this could be memory fade!  It's only mildly irratating. With the smallest throttle input, this lurch disappears. It would be interesting to know if other Listers who have both the LSD and a mild cam are experiencing this low speed lurching.

Dick