[6pack] Nissan LSD conversion question

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 11:47:42 MDT 2011

I have Richard Good's Nissan Differential upgrade with a Q-45 differential in
my
TR6.  I have what seems to be driveline slop that results in a severe
lurching at low RPMs around town.  I reenforced the differential mounts and
recently inspected them and don't think that is the problem.  I have re-tuned
the carbs to try to eleminate lean mixture as the cause of the lurching
problem.  I have noted that per Richard's mounting instructions the front
mounting studs of the differential adaption kit just stick through the holes
in
the front of the differential and are held on by large washers.  When on
the Nissan there were metal/rubber mounts in these holes that restricted the
movement of the front of the differential.  Richard's instructions say to
remove
the rubber/metal mounts which seems to leave a lot of room for
movement up
front.  Do I understand these instructions correctly?  Does
anyone have
any other suggestions regarding a cure for the lurch/clunk.
Mike Lunsford

PS:  I have Richard's S2 cam in my car also and I suspect that
the lope from the
cam is responsible for some of the lurching.