[6pack] Glove Compartment Hinge Screws

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Fri Jul 8 19:51:57 MDT 2011

Douglas---I filled these hinge holes with a product called "FIXALL". It's a powder to be mixed with water. It hardens fairly quick. I poked the mixture down into the stripped holes, then stuck toothpicks down to compress as much as possible. I sort of remember leaving pieces of these 'picks (the round style) down in the holes during the setup. Anyway, it's been holding up for the years since I redid the dash wood.
There's probably better stuff, like maybe plastic wood that could do the job. tho I haven't seen this product on shelves in some time.
 And I was able to use the original screws.

Dick