[6pack] Moss SU Upgrade for TR6

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon May 24 10:20:22 MDT 2010

	Alex:

	Lots of people have already chimed in, but that never stopped me from
irritating everyone with my $0.02

	The tubes provide atmospheric pressure reference for the float bowl. The
Zenith carbs have the exact same tube on them, which are routed to the carbon
canister. If the carbon canister is present, you should route them to the
canister in a manner identical to the Zeniths.
	It is dangerous to leave them simply open. Dirt and what not can enter, and
if the float ever sticks there will be fuel pouring out of there as fast as
the fuel pump can pump it. The float stuck on my Mini, and I was lucky I did
not burn the house down by the time I figured out the origin of the gassy
smell. The fuel of course went all over the hot exhaust manifold. Yikes!
	If the carbon canister is gone, you might consider connecting them to the now
unused fuel tank vent line. If they malfunction they will at least push the
fuel back into the fuel tank. With this scheme, you will need to provide a
small vent hole in the fuel tank cap to allow air to be displaced.

    Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832