[6pack] Moss SU Upgrade for TR6

Jim Jones jimjcmo at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 08:35:13 MDT 2010

Alex:

I had this set up on my 72 TR6 (before I went to a Moss supercharger kit). I
will confirm that they are vents and it would be a good idea to run hoses from
them away from the manifold.
I know this to be the case because I had an incident with a clog in one carb
and fuel was spurting out of the vent all over the exhaust manifold. Quite
exciting! Because of that I would recommend against venting to the canister.
Better to have the fuel on the ground than a canister overflowing with it. I
routed my hose to the front of the driver side of the engine bay.

In case you're wondering about the Moss blower, yes it does provide better
power, but a very nice side benefit is the improved drivability provided by
the modern Holley carb. Start up is much easier, often without need of the
choke. Fuel enconomy is no worse than before the conversion. A very nice set
up and well engineered.

Jim Jones
Jeff City, MO