[6pack] TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR TRIUMPH OWNERS

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon May 24 09:07:27 MDT 2010

Hey Listers,
I thought I would share this from the NCTA TRCoaster June Newsletter.   My
good buddy Ken has found a lot of stuff from his 76 TR6 including issue #1
of  the 6-PACK newsletter.
Enjoy,
Darrell

TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR TRIUMPH
OWNERS
Due to a sudden overheating  problem with the TR6, I
was looking thru my parts boxes and found a copy  of
the VTR and Triumph Sports Owners Association
newsletter for Mar/April  1983. It was mailed to the
previous owner of my TR and the postage was  11
cents. That's note worthy in its self. As I was looking
thru the  newsletter I found the following 10
Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not store  thy Triumph out-of-doors,
except for thy wife's modern iron.
2. Thou shalt  not covet thy neighbor's Triumph,
nor his garage, nor his battery  charger.
3. Thou shalt not love thy Triumph more than thy
wife and  children, as much, but not more.
4. Thou shalt not read thy English Channel  on
company time, lest thy employer make it
impossible to continue thy car  payments.
5. Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor's 240Z, nor
his Mazda,  nor even his 1948 MGTC.
6. Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into  thinking
that thee is taking her for a romantic Sunday
drive when, indeed,  thou art going out to look at
another Triumph.
7. Thou shalt not allow thy  daughters nor thy sons
to get married during the hold days of a  VTR
Convention.
8. Thou shalt not tell thy spouse the entire cost  of
thy latest restoration, at least not all at the
same time.
9. Thou  shalt not promise thy wife a new addition
to the house and then use it to  store Triumphs
in the attic.
10. Thou shalt not buy thy wife a floor jack  for
Christmas, unless it is for her Triumph.

Another piece of Triumph Significa that I found in the
newsletter was  the following: Did you know that a TR-2
front apron was used as a model for  the face of E.T.?
Ken Kreiner