[6pack] vacuum leaks

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Fri May 7 14:47:47 MDT 2010

	Mark:

	Oooo, very astute. Wish I thought of that one. Yes, the vacuum retard might
be on its way out, and could indeed cause an unsteady idle. To test this idea
disconnect the vacuum line to the dizzy and cap it. The idle should be steady
and fast with the vacuum line plugged. The retard drops the idle by about 400
RPM when functioning, if I remember correctly.
	BTW, the later vacuum retard is NLA from the big three, last time I checked.
However the earlier vacuum retard was still available. If you do need a later
vacuum retard capsule, you can order the earlier one, and hacksaw the threaded
rod off of the unit. Other than the presence of the threaded rod, the old and
new retard capsules are identical, so cutting the rod off the earlier one
gives you a drop in replacement for the later style. Ask me how I know.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832