[6pack] vacuum leaks

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Fri May 7 11:56:26 MDT 2010

Hi Oliver:

Are you sure it is not the vacuum retard? When there is only one unit on the
distributor, it is a retarding unit so far as I know. My idle was too high
until I replaced the part and then would idle down to the mid hundreds of rpm.
I don't know if one can have an intermittent leak in the dizzy diaphragm. If
not, then one could do worse than looking at the brake booster and the input
to it.

Cheers,

Mark
1972 TR6 - triple Stromberg.