[6pack] tranny problem

William McIntire william.mcintire at wright.edu
Fri Jun 25 06:16:25 MDT 2010

All,
Put disk in backwards in a TR3 once. Trans went back in fine but clutch wouldn't disengage. Splined shaft holder (technical term) on the disk  is offset, long protrusion goes toward the transmission. If not it sort of drags on the flywheel and doesn't disengage so well. We were trying for the record replacing TR clutches back in 1963. Did it in 37 minutes, now if the disk had just been in the proper direction...

Bill
'70   6 one owner