[6pack] brake master reservoir

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Tue Jul 6 08:13:54 MDT 2010

Hi,

I won't get into the debate on fluid... it's been done in the past, check
the archives.

But I will offer the following: I've rebuilt a few M/C's and prety much
everything hydraulic on my cars, and in the recent past I've had some odd
seal failures. On further review, it appears that the seals seem to get
damaged during installation. The worst one was the caliper seal on the
race car (threshhold braking with ONE front caliper is exciting, to say
the least). At any rate, the last 5 or 6 rebuilds were done with the
proper red girling assembly grease and everything has held up beyond my
expectations.

So, if you can find the stuff, I highly recommend using the red Girling
assembly grease when putting hydralics back together.

regards,
rml