[6pack] brake master reservoir

JOHN T REYNOLDS johntempe8 at q.com
Mon Jul 5 14:31:20 MDT 2010

I've used DOT 5 in the HDVA conversion but can't remember if it's the McLeod
or Quarter Master system.  Also have the Apple calipers and M/C with DOT 5.
Both were started from new with DOT 5.  No problems after two years.

My original McLeod leaked after a few years with DOT 3.  Go figure.

I found a Dept of Defense Tech bulletin that called for converting all new
vehicles from DOT 3 to 5 when the vehicles were received.  The bulletin called
for a flush with DOT 5 for the change over. Don't have the link but recall it
was through a vintage military vehicle website.

I'm re building my car now and will convert when I put it back together. My
paint had taken quite a beating from DOT 3 over the years.  I'll keep you
posted.

John

71TR6