[6pack] [6-pack] rubber vs. urethane vs others

Robert N. Clark rclark at robertsonclark.com
Fri Jan 30 13:57:44 MST 2009

Seeing the TRF Weekend specials raises the question of which type of
front suspension bushings are the best for just driving around.  I am
not going to race (on a track) or do auto-cross.  I want something that
is going to provide a decent ride but not need to be replaced in a few
years because it has deteriorated.  I am okay with a firmer suspension,
I have the sport suspension on my 325, but I hate the jar when I hit
rough pavement (which might in part be due to the low profile tire).

For those of you that have used urethane, how would you rate the
difference in ride quality?

Is there a difference between different urethane, polyurethane, nylatron
and any others out there?

Any recommendations?

Bob Clark
'69 TR6