[6pack] Rockers or Rollers?

Foster, Stan (HP IT) stan.foster at hp.com
Fri Jan 30 16:40:33 MST 2009

John, my experience is that the shaft wears and the pads on the ends of the
rockers wear and eventually the rockers cant be adjusted and due to the way
the pads are hardened you cant just grind them flat. The roller rocker
alleviate both of these problems and in addition offer other options for
greater ratios that open the valves wider and get more combustables into the
chamber. If your rocker assembly needs to be replaced the roller rockers will
cost you a few hundred dollars more.

I wanted a complete system that worked together so I went with Richards GP2
cam, shortened tubular pushrods, valve guides/seals and springs and roller
rockers and I have no regrets. The engine dyno's at 105 rwhp (9.6:a1 c/r) and
I haven't touched the ignition or exhaust yet so I'm assuming I have another
10HP locked up waiting to be freed, more if I flow the head. Performance is
comparable to the early PI which was my goal. I have a few tips if you do go
down the Goodparts path.

FTD is Fastest Time of the Day.

Stan