[6pack] sealing block instillation difficulties

Robert Liam Gannon trsix74 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 18:50:02 MST 2009

In the two TR6 engines I rebuilt I found it necessary to remove the rear
engine plate as well as the front plate. In my experience, if they are not
removed and the expansion block is not put in the correct manner with the
wooden wedges and some Hylomar, then the plate with its gasket becomes
useless and it will leak oil. It would not sit tight. Unfortunately trying
shortcuts saves you some time now and is a little cheaper, but if you don't
do the job properly from the beginning, the end result is you'll want to do
it again because you'll smell the oil burning on the exhaust as it sprays
under the car when in motion. Remember the oil is under a little pressure
and will look for the weakest way out.

Oh and by the way folks, this is my opinion only.