[6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Jan 8 10:33:18 MST 2009

Mitch,
I've had an electric fan on my car for about 10 years now. First a Hayden as
a pusher and for the past two years a Spal as a puller. Both have worked
perfectly. For about four years I've had the fan wired to a dash light so
that I'd know when it was running. Much to my surprise, it "never" comes on
when I'm moving over 30-35 mph. So for most driving, the fan never runs. It
only cycles on and off when driving at very slow speeds or in stop and go
traffic.

My puller is loud if it's running and your standing outside the car but I
can't hear it when sitting in the car, motor running, top down, radio
on....etc.

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U