[6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Jan 8 10:50:02 MST 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Mitch wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> the engine bay. All experiences welcome.

My experience with the street car has been great. I've had the same fan in
there for 7 or 8 years, no probs.

The race car, on the other hand has had two replacements. One was
mechanical damage and last winter the thing just siezed up. Not sure why,
but I might have dunked it in Simple Green when I was cleaning the car for
the winter. But the fan completely siezed up. Either that or ir froze from
lack of use (as the car didn't move in 2006 and I drive another car in
2007, so the race car was just sitting for about 2 years!)

At any rate, there's not much that can go wrong with a fan, and even if
the fan dies, the only circumstance where it would matter would be if you
were stuck in traffic and not moving. Otherwise they are pretty reliable.
They're also pretty inexpensive and you can get them anywhere. My last
replacement came from Autozone.

> Thanks
>

> --
> Mitch Seff