[6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?

Mitch ms6453 at optonline.net
Thu Jan 8 09:47:03 MST 2009

With all the talk of electric cooling fans I must admit my fear of
roadside break downs. I have used an electric fan as an auxiliary for
many years but have always been afraid to rely on it as the only means
of cooling. I hate to get stuck & have never in the ten years I've had
this six. I have had one electric fan fail in this time period though.
Of course every late model car I own has only elec units to provide
cooling. I guess my question is since it seems so many have converted
solely to elec fans, what is your long term reliability history. Since
my fan is mounted as a pusher, the elimination of the mechanical fan
would give me more room when changing a V-belt & clean up the engine
bay. All experiences welcome.

Thanks

--
Mitch Seff