[6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?

Andrew Packard apackard68 at att.net
Thu Jan 8 09:03:11 MST 2009

Part of my TR250 resto included the fan eliminator kit and a Hayden 15"
pusher.  My local LBC didn't want the puller because of the increased
operating noise of the thinner fans.  We used the wire typically used for an
AC condenser switch (so the fan comes on anytime the AC is on for a car that
has it) and wired up a manual switch to a pull knob that barely sticks out
underneath the dash just to the right of the steering column.  I can pull it
if in slow moving traffic and to check that the fan is coming on correctly.
With the fan on at a stand still, it's generating directed airflow
equivalent to traveling at pretty high speeds and I can see the temp gauge
move back to the left when it kicks on.
Andy
CD6746L HVDA